Wednesday, April 23, 2008

FRANKLIN CAFE: 278 Shawmut Ave. Boston MA

Franklin Café is my all time favorite place in Boston. It is tucked away on a side street in the South End and I typically go there for all my special occasions as well as drag my friends there for their special occasions. I have never heard one person say they dislike it… however, some have complained about the potential for incredibly long waits. I would recommend going early in the week, rather than on a weekend. One cannot make a reservation and tables are very limited. But the kitchen is open late night and the ambiance (when it is not super crowded) makes any wait well worth it. It is not pretentious at all (and this is coming from a guy who likes pretension) and so far I have not had bad service. Furthermore, I believe Franklin is the biggest bang for your buck. All the main courses around $20 and are better than some high end restaurants that I have been to. If you cannot decide from all the “fantastic-ness” on the menu, I highly recommend starting with the smokey skillet roasted mussels and then move on to the classic steak frites. However, I have tried most things on the menu and have never regretted what I ordered.

Seriously, do you even have to wonder… OBVI, 4 kirby cakes!!!!!!!





No comments: